Results of Deep Stack and Wednesday night game

This is the area for the Ace On the River Texas Hold-Em Club.

Moderator: Administrator

Forum rules
Only members of the Texas Hold-Em group are allowed to post or participate in polls.

If you want to join the Hold-Em group then go to ucp.php?i=176
and request membership.

Results of Deep Stack and Wednesday night game

Postby Dave » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:28 pm

The Deep Stack tournament was held on Tuesday. Everyone started with 6,000 in chips. We had 19 players and cards were in the air at noon.
The rounds started at 10/20 and progressed according to the schedule that we play on Monday. Each round was 25 minutes long. There were no re-buys allowed for this game. Go out and go home!

We paid the top 4 people and the bubble boy got half his buy-in returned.

Yours truly got the pleasure of finishing 6th. Which means I got NADA, ZILCH!

I made a horrible call and was whamboozled by Mark's pocket Kings. :(

Hal was the first person to get railed. His 3 tens fell to a straight held by Don M. This happened in the first 15 minutes of the tournament.

Hy also made an early exit when Peggy M took out his two pair.

All in all it was a great tournament and I think everyone had a good time.

Here are your top finishers.

1st: Alan
2nd: Don M (last year he also took 2nd. Good job Don!)
3rd: Ed L
4th: Mark H
Bubble Boy: Bill W.

-------------------------------------------------------

Results of Wed. night game.

I thought we might have a low turn-out given that we had the Deep Stack tournament on the day before and the Heads Up tournament was coming up on Saturday.

Well, once again, I was wrong. We had 20 players and two re-buys (more about that later). We paid the top 4.

The bounties were Bill L and Don.

The Wednesday game was all about Tom O and Hank. They were like two runaway freight trains and no matter what people tried they could not be spot.

Tom O started out strong early on when he took out Hy and most of my stack when he hit the nut flush and Hy and I each had Broadway (Ace high straight) :D I lost the rest of my stack a few hands later. Hy and I were the two re-buys :(

When we finally got down to one table I have never seen so many two way and three way pots in my life. Hank was involved in the majority of them and usually took a good portion on the pots. My brain was about to explode by the end of the evening.

When we finally got down to the final two (Tom and Hank) we went an entire round without seeing a flop. The small blind always folded.

Once the blinds reached 6,000 / 12,000 the fold fest continued. However, eventually Hank was forced to call because his small blind was more than what Tom had in. Of course. Tom won and doubled up. This went on for a few more hands but finally Hanks overwhelming chip stack got the best of Tom.

The game was over at 9:00 and we had to scramble to clean the room up and get out of their so the lodge could close.

Here are your top finishers.

1st: Hank
2nd: Tom
3rd: Bill W
4th: Herb

Bubble Boy: Mike G
Bounties: Herb (knocked out Bill L), Gary (knocked out Don).
Dave

I have no affiliation with any "Anthem Colorado, LLC", builder, developer, management company or HOA board.
AnthemForum.com has no affiliation with "Anthem Colorado, LLC", builder, developer, management company or HOA board.
Dave

Return to Ace on the river Texas Hold-Em