Results of games held on 8/5

This is the area for the Ace On the River Texas Hold-Em Club.

Moderator: Administrator

Forum rules
Only members of the Texas Hold-Em group are allowed to post or participate in polls.

If you want to join the Hold-Em group then go to ucp.php?i=176
and request membership.

Results of games held on 8/5

Postby Dave » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:47 pm

On Monday we had 19 players plus 3 re buys.
Bill W and Bill L were the bounties

We paid the top 4.

Joe C dealt table #2. Thanks Joe!

Yours truly was on a roll prior to the break. Peggy T was my banker as she organized my chips after each win. However, after the break, Peggy T busted out and my luck ran out :( So I blame Peggy for me not finishing in the money. There is no way it could have been because of poor play on my part ;)

Bill K was getting horrible cards and asked for a deck change. Me, being the charitable guy that I am, changed the decks. A few hands later I went all in when I flopped 3 of a kind. Bill K called with pocket 7's. He hit a flush on the turn and the board paired on the river giving me a full house :o. I don't think Bill K will ask for a deck change again :D

After the break, Bill W flopped a king high flush and I flopped two pair. I went all in, Bill W called. I ended up getting a full boat on the river to knock out Bill W who was also the bounty.

John worked the short stack well (complements of me) and finished in the money. Bob G also did a great job on the short stack and finished in the money.

When we were down to the final two it was Joe and Gerda. Joe had a large chip stack but that did not phase Gerda and she made him work for every win. The heads up session lasted quite a while but eventually Joe won.

Here are the final results.

1st: Joe
2nd: Gerda
3rd: Bob G
4th: John

Bounty winners: Dave (knocked out Bill W), Bob G (knocked out Bill L)
Bubble Boy: Ed K

------------------------

Results of Wed. game

We had 17 players one one re-buy so we paid the top 4.
Hy dealt table #2. Thanks Hy!

John continued to show us how to work the short stack and finished #2.

In fact when we were down to the final two, Herb had a huge chip lead but John was relentless and the dealer was also being very kind to him. I think at one time he actually managed to gain the chip advantage. Heads up went a long time and we actually reached the 6,000 / 12,000 blind level :o

Eventually, Herb won (right at 9:00)

Here are the final results

1st: Herb (who was the only re buy)
2nd: John
3rd: Bill L
4th: Ed K

Bounty winners: Bill L (took out Mark), Bill L (for making the money as a bounty). Good job Bill! You will get 1,000 extra chips next Wednesday
Bobble Boy: Don
Dave

I have no affiliation with any "Anthem Colorado, LLC", builder, developer, management company or HOA board.
AnthemForum.com has no affiliation with "Anthem Colorado, LLC", builder, developer, management company or HOA board.
Dave

Return to Ace on the river Texas Hold-Em