Anthem Games Tournament schedule

This is the area for the Ace On the River Texas Hold-Em Club.

Moderator: Administrator

Forum rules
Only members of the Texas Hold-Em group are allowed to post or participate in polls.

If you want to join the Hold-Em group then go to ucp.php?i=176
and request membership.

Anthem Games Tournament schedule

Postby Dave » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:17 pm

We have a tentative date for the two poker tournaments that we will do for the Anthem Games.

Tournament #1:
Traditional tournament.
NO RE-BUYS. Go broke, go home :D
Buy-in $20. This will be a deep stack tournament. You will get at least 4,000 in chips (maybe more).
Limited to 30 players
12:00 - 6:00 on September 3rd (Tuesday)

Tournament #2:
Heads up tournament
NO RE-BUYS
Buy-in $20
11:00 - 5:00 on September 7th (Saturday)
Limited to 16 players
When we are down to the final two, they will play best two out of three tournaments to determine the winner (just like they do at the National Heads Up tournament that is held in Vegas)
I am still evaluating how many chips you start with and the blind structure. I have had requests to either increase the amount of chips and/or increase the amount of time for each level. Last time I tried to design it so that each tournament would last no more than an hour. That worked out about right but I will look into tweaking something. For now, assume you get $2,500 in chips and each level will be 10 minutes. I will edit this thread once I have made my final decision.

NOTE: If you want to play in either of the above tournaments but won't be at the game tonight then send me an email and I will put you on the signup sheet. I expect the Heads Up tournament to fill up quickly. When it does, I will have an alternate list.

Also, we are thinking about holding a pinball :o tournament (some of us have pins in their basements). I checked with Sue about this but she declined the request because we are already having two tournament. She has a limited budget for metals. I asked her if we provided the trophies could we be put on the Anthem Games schedule and she said yes.

If you are interested in participating in a pinball tournament then let me know. If we don't do it in conjunction with the Anthem Games we might just do one on our own.

I will have a sign-up sheet for each of the poker tournaments at tonights poker game.
Dave

I have no affiliation with any "Anthem Colorado, LLC", builder, developer, management company or HOA board.
AnthemForum.com has no affiliation with "Anthem Colorado, LLC", builder, developer, management company or HOA board.
Dave

Re: Anthem Games Tournament schedule

Postby apollack1945 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:41 am

If it is not to late, sign me up for both.

Thanks

Alan Pollack
apollack1945

Re: Anthem Games Tournament schedule

Postby GerdaGav » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi Dave,
I signed up with $20 for the poker tournament on Sept 7th; however, just realized that I won't be able to make it :( . I have tickets to Boulder symphony - having to leave here about 6 pm.

Thanks,
Gerda
GerdaGav

Return to Ace on the river Texas Hold-Em