Results of 7/22 (Mon) Game

This is the area for the Ace On the River Texas Hold-Em Club.

Moderator: Administrator

Forum rules
Only members of the Texas Hold-Em group are allowed to post or participate in polls.

If you want to join the Hold-Em group then go to ucp.php?i=176
and request membership.

Results of 7/22 (Mon) Game

Postby Dave » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:59 pm

Greetings from Burley ID!

I meant to send this out last night but was too busy packing.

I will not be around for this Wed. game or any of the games next week. Whoever runs the game please take notes on who finished in the money as well as the county and bubble information.

The Monday game was well attended. We had 19 players plus one re-buy.

The bounties were Barb and Harris

Hy dealt the 2nd game. Thanks Hy!

There were several interesting hands. At least interesting from my perspective. The first hand of the night started out with me getting pocket Queens. Of course a K hit on the flop and I ended up shipping about 25% of my stack to Dennis. He made a huge raise after the river and I didn't have the guts to call so he either pulled off a great bluff or I made a great fold. Let's go with the "I made a great fold" :D I jokingly told him to take could care of my chips as they were only on loan.

About 30 minutes later I had A A and made a raise pre-flop. I had several callers. The flop was A 2 6 with the A and 7 being spades. I had trip Aces. I went all in and everyone folded except Hank who had K ? of spades. He was on the nut flush draw so he called. Oh oh. The turn was the deuce of spades so Hank hit his flush. Fortunately, the deuce paired the board so I had a full house :o. The river was also a spade but my full house won so Hank doubled me up and made me healthy once again.

Hank was on quite a roller coaster. He had an all in moment later on with two suited hearts. This time he hit his flush and it held up. I think there were two other folks also in the hand.

Later on, I had 7 8. Hy went all in, I think Hank called, I decided to call because it wasn't that much more, Dennis called as well. Hy ended up having the nuts with K J so he had broadway (A K Q J 10) and I had a lower straight (6 7 8 9 10). The board was A Q 10 9 6 (I don't remember the exact order, I think I hit my straight on the river with the 9). I bet big on the river and Dennis folded. I proudly showed my straight and Hy showed that he had the nuts :o Once again Hy had great faith in his dealer and he was now very healthy. Nice hand Hy!!!

Anyway, here are the final results.

1st: Dave
2nd: Dennis
3rd: Hy
4th: Hal

Bubble Boy: Gerry
Bounties: Bill K (knocked out Harris), Dennis (knocked out Barb)

Have a great week and weekend and see you all in a couple of weeks.

There is no poker in Burley Idaho :(

Tomorrow we are off to Boise and my racing will be on Friday. Then off to Glacier Park in MT.
Dave

I have no affiliation with any "Anthem Colorado, LLC", builder, developer, management company or HOA board.
AnthemForum.com has no affiliation with "Anthem Colorado, LLC", builder, developer, management company or HOA board.
Dave

Re: Results of 7/22 (Mon) Game

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:17 pm

I screwed up in the bounties. :oops: The bounties were Harris and Barb. That is what happens after driving 650 miles and looking at the results out by the pool.

I have updated the original post.

We are now in Boise.
Dave

I have no affiliation with any "Anthem Colorado, LLC", builder, developer, management company or HOA board.
AnthemForum.com has no affiliation with "Anthem Colorado, LLC", builder, developer, management company or HOA board.
Dave

Return to Ace on the river Texas Hold-Em