Tournament of Champion Results

This is the area for the Ace On the River Texas Hold-Em Club.

Moderator: Administrator

Forum rules
Only members of the Texas Hold-Em group are allowed to post or participate in polls.

If you want to join the Hold-Em group then go to ucp.php?i=176
and request membership.

Tournament of Champion Results

Postby Dave » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:26 pm

Well, our first Tournament of Champions game is in the books!

Good job to everyone. Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos.

Everyone started with 10,000 in chips and cards were in the air promptly at noon.

Gerry K handled taking the final side bets on all the players. Thanks Gerry!

In total, 210 bets were made on the 10 players.

This put the total prize pool for the side bets at $41.00

After all the bets were taken, Gerry K figured out the odds of each player (based on points that each player won through out the year) and the payout odds (based on how many bets were placed on each player).

Here are those odds

Player Odds based on points Odds based on bets
Dave 5.19 to 1 4 to 1
Ed K 9.31 to 1 10 to 1
Alan 9.45 to 1 7.5 to 1
Hy 9.93 to 1 10 to 1
Phil 10.22 to 1 20 to 1
Bill L 10.39 to 1 20 to 1
Joe C 10.93 to 1 10 to 1
Mark 14.10 to 1 20 to 1
Bill K 14.42 to 1 20 to 1
Don 14.75 to 1 20 to 1

Dave was clearly the crowd favorite to win

Now, let's get back to the game.

Don M started on quite a heater early on. Alan and Hy were also doing well. But as you know, winning early does not necessarily mean doing well later on.

I started out poorly and after an hour of play by 10,000 in chips had dwindled down to about 6,000. I was down to 60%. However, 6,000 was still enough to work with and went into full Blackhawk mode. That is the mode I am in when playing up the hill. Time to play smart and play position and trust my reads.

After the break, things were working out. I was slowly rebuilding my stack. However, I ran into a couple obstacles. One was Bill K getting QQ when he was big blind and I was small blind. I flopped top pair but that lost to BK's QQ and I shipped over about 6,000 chips to him. A few hands later I sent about 10,000 chips to Alan when he flopped a set of queens. Crap!!! All that work rebuilding and now I am back to an average stack.

In the meantime, Don M went stone cold. Alan was gathering chips like crazy.

At 3:00, were still had a full table. 3 hours of play and no one has been knocked out.

That started to change though.

At 3:04 Don M was sent to the rail.

Mark joined him at 3:22. Two minutes later, Bill L was handed his walking papers.

Hy lasted 15 more minutes and got knocked out at 3:39

During all this time Alan was accumulating chips like crazy.

When we were down to the final 6 I surveyed the table.

Phil, Bill K, and Ed K were down to about a single big blind. Joe and I had maybe 5 big blinds and Alan had everything else.

Since we paid the top 3 my plan was to hang out and try to make the money.

Bill K was sent packing at 3:56 followed by Phil at 3:57

During this time Ed K started going on a terror and getting lots of chips.

I managed to keep winning at least one round of blinds so I was holding my own.

When we were down to the final 4. Alan still had a huge chip stack.

However, that didn't phase Joe or Ed. Alan lost a huge pot to Joe when Joe hit his river card for a full house. I was just observing and watching lots of Alan's chips go to Joe and Ed.

I managed to win a few smaller pots and was able to get quite a few chips.

Joe and Ed then decided to tangle. I think Ed had A K and Joe Had A J. Ed knocked out Joe with that hand at 4:05.

It was now anyone's game. Alan continued to chip up both Ed and me.

The blinds are now 3,000 / 6,000. I am the big blind and Ed K is the small blind.

I look down at 7 J (off suit). Alan folds pre-flop and Ed just calls.

The flop is 5 6 7. I have top pair with a Jack. Ed is first to bet and bets 6,000. I go all-in and Ed immediately calls.

Ed shows AA. CRAP!!!!! NOT AGAIN!! :twisted: . I went up against aces twice in BW last week and lost tons of chips.

However, this time it worked out when I hit a jack on the river.

I had 45,000 in chips and Ed had about 40,000 so he was sent to the rail at 4:12 PM.

I now have about 85% of the chips in play with 85,000 in chips. Alan has 15,000.

Blinds are still 3,000 / 6,000.

Alan is the big blind. I look down at K 4 off suit and go all in. Alan cannot call.

I now have 91,000 in chips and Alan has 9,000.

I am the big blind. Alan goes all in. I have 10 4. I decide to call. Alan has two face cards. I hit a 4 on the river and it is all over at 4:15 PM.

Here are the payouts for the people who placed a side bet on Dave

John H: $17.60
Gerry K: $4.00
Nancy B: $2.40
Alan: $1.60
Peggy T: $1.60
Jim T: $1.60
Ed K: $.80
Hal: $4.00
Peggy M: $.80
Stu: $1.60
Ryan (CCMC): $3.20
Dave: $.80
Phil: $1.60

A total of $42 was bet. The $.40 left over given to first place on Monday.

Here is a summary of how people finished:

10th: Don
9th: Mark
8th: Bill L
7th: Hy
6th: Bill K
5th: Phil
4th: Joe
3rd: Ed K
2nd: Alan
1st: Dave

Have a great weekend and hope to see everyone on Monday. That is when I will pay off the winners of the side bets.

Dave
Dave

I have no affiliation with any "Anthem Colorado, LLC", builder, developer, management company or HOA board.
AnthemForum.com has no affiliation with "Anthem Colorado, LLC", builder, developer, management company or HOA board.
Dave

Return to Ace on the river Texas Hold-Em