Do you think you paid a premium for your home?

All topics related to Wheelock purchasing Anthem. This forum restricted to members of the AnthemForum AND people who have indicated they are home owners.

Moderator: Administrator

Forum rules
Please note. There is a similar forum for the Highlands side. You might also want to go there to see what those folks are talking about.

How much of a premium do you think you paid because your home is in a Del Webb community?

20%
5% of purchase price
4%
10% of purchase price
32%
15% of purchase price
24%
20% of purchase price
16%
More than 20% of purchase price
4%

Total votes : 25

Do you think you paid a premium for your home?

Postby Dave » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:45 pm

Just wondering if people think they paid a premium for their home because it is in a Del Webb community.

Please answer the poll with your honest opinion and feel free to reply to this message.
Dave

I have no affiliation with any "Anthem Colorado, LLC", builder, developer, management company or HOA board.
AnthemForum.com has no affiliation with "Anthem Colorado, LLC", builder, developer, management company or HOA board.
Dave

Re: Do you think you paid a premium for your home?

Postby Rnchief » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:32 pm

I dont think the Premium had anything to do with Del Webb. If you look at lot premiums, they are dictated by the views they afford. We had looked elsewhere in Denver area, and the Anthem prices are in line with others. But, once you add lot premium, extras, etc., the prices may seem to be of a premium nature.
Rnchief

Postby Line Dancer » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:31 pm

I think the term "premium" is misleading because of the lot premiums. I, and others I am aware of, bought in this development because it was a Del Webb community / lifestyle. I am from out of state and went onto the Del Webb web page and searched for Del Webb communities in states that interested me. I settled on CO. Years before retirement, I knew I wanted to move to a Del Webb. To take away the Del Webb exposure from this community is huge as far as the future of this community and resales.
Line Dancer

Postby Dave » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:22 pm

Perhaps premium was a bad word to use.

All developments that I have been in charge a lot premium based on the location and size of the lot.

What I meant to say was do you think the price you paid for your home was higher because it was in a Del Webb community.

For example, pretend it was a Pulte active adult community and not a Del Webb community. Would the total amount you paid for your house been the same?

If this changes your opinion you can go back and change your vote.

Dave
Dave

I have no affiliation with any "Anthem Colorado, LLC", builder, developer, management company or HOA board.
AnthemForum.com has no affiliation with "Anthem Colorado, LLC", builder, developer, management company or HOA board.
Dave

Postby walsdorf » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:54 pm

I think we paid a premium for the Del Webb name. Unfortunately, Del Webb has lost some of it's prestige since Pulte bought it, mainly due to the poor workmanship of their construction and by trying to cut corners.
walsdorf

Postby Rnchief » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:14 pm

Yes, we paid for the Del Webb name. Look at the little plaque on your front stoop. But, as has been said, "I thought I bought a Del Webb home, but all I got was a Pulte home." Our site has been under development and/or consideration since 1991, or so. Since they didn't start building until about 2006, someone has paid a lot while sitting on the empty land. The Broomfield name comes with a cost which has been passed on to us. Broomfield is a very up and coming area, as evidenced by the McWHinney, and other area projects. But, if you have followed the McWhinney project, completion is estimated to be in the 2040's. So, good luck on seeing that finished.
Rnchief

Return to Wheelock Purchasing Anthem